Friday, July 15, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Muffins

I don't know about you, but if I have a pan of cinnamon rolls sitting on my counter, they talk to me. They convince me that it is better to have a cinnamon roll than to eat a healthy lunch. My workout earned me two cinnamon rolls. You know what would go great with a cup of hot cocoa? A cinnamon roll. And after I go for a long walk? I should have a cinnamon roll.

If I bake my cinnamon rolls in muffin tins, I can eat one or two and pop the rest of them in a freezer. Then I can zap one at a time and they don't talk to me nearly as much :)


3T Thrive Powdered Milk
2T Thrive Butter Powder
1T Thrive Whole Egg Powder
2/3c Hot Water
3c Thrive Whole Wheat or White Flour, divided
1 Package Instant Yeast
1/4c Thrive White Sugar
1/2t Thrive Salt
1/4c Water

1c Thrive Brown Sugar
1T Ground Cinnamon
1/2c Thrive Butter, Prepared

Preheat oven to 375. In a container with a screw on lid, combine powdered milk, butter powder, whole egg powder and hot water. Shake well and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine 2c flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add water and milk/butter mixture and beat well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2c at a time, until the dough just pulls together. Knead on a floured surface until smooth, about 5 minutes. Cover the dough with a damp towel and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough out on a floured surface into a large rectangle, about 12x9. Spread dough with butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Roll up and cut into 12 equal sized rolls. Place each in a greased muffin cup and bake at 375 for 25-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.

These cinnamon roll muffins can be frozen for up to six months. To defrost, microwave for 30 seconds.

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious, and I love the idea of putting them in a muffin tin. I'm also intrigued by the Thrive line... I'd never heard of it until now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...