Thursday, July 28, 2011

Overnight Coconut Cinnamon Oatmeal

This one takes a little planning ahead, but it is oh so worth it. Refrigerating the cooked oats overnight allows them to absorb the extra liquids, turning them into large, pillowy soft oats. This recipe will make one bowl that you won't want to share - so if your husband is going to want some, you'd better double it now!


1/2 Thrive Oats
1 1/2c Water
2T Thrive Instant Milk
2T Thrive Macaroon Mix
Cinnamon

Microwave oats and water in medium bowl for 3 minutes. Stir in instant milk and macaroon mix. Refrigerate overnight. Reheat in the morning and garnish with cinnamon.

Hint: this would make a nice gift! Package the dry ingredients in a cute little celophane bag, top it with a pretty ribbon, and include the instructions on a card attached to it. All the recipient will need to add is water.

* To order Thrive Macaroon Mix, click here and fill out the contact form. I'll be in touch with you shortly. Your contact information will not be shared.

2 comments:

  1. I love to make my oatmeal overnight. I usually do it in the crock pot so I'm going to try this in the crock pot instead of the microwave. Sounds like an awesome recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to say that it's not only me who loves those oats, my cat LOVES them, she waits patiently purring right next to me til she can finish the bowl. lol
    I also like to add that they are excellent and easy to prepare when you forgot to do it the night before. I just let the oats and the macaroon mix simmer for a little on the stove and it makes a great breakfast. I am not adding milk and it is still delicious. Thanks for sharing Linds :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...