Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Crazy Cakes

I have excellent willpower at the grocery store. I can avoid the cookie aisle, the ice cream section and the bakery with ease. Unfortunately that means that when I am really in the mood for something sweet, I'm basically out of luck. Last night I was desperate. I needed something with chocolate and peanut butter - but we were out of peanut butter. My solution to this problem was rather creative if I do say so myself!

The downside to baking late at night is that I'm forced to take pictures in my kitchen, which isn't exactly lit for professional food photography.  So I'm left with a picture that looks like it belongs on a box of cake mix in the 1970s. Sorry about that. The cake really is good, promise!



1c Thrive 6 Grain Pancake Mix
1c Reeces Puffs Cereal, crushed
1/3c Chocolate Chips
1/4c Shredded Coconut
2T Chopped Nuts (I used walnuts)
1/2c Milk

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your choice of baking dishes. I used two small crocks, but ramekins, muffin cups or a small cake pan would all work just as well.

In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir well. You may need to add more milk to get a smooth batter. Pour into greased baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Top with frosting, whipped cream, or nothing at all.

If you don't have Reeces Puffs cereal, you could substitute Cocoa Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cookie Crisp or even Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch. Feel free to be creative here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...