Monday, July 11, 2011

Three Minute Split Pea Soup

Before you go to work tomorrow morning, spend three minutes making dinner. Seriously - three minutes* will give your family a hot, nutritious meal to look forward to when they come home. You would spend longer than that sitting in the drive through at your favorite local greasy burger joint.


1c Thrive Split Peas
1T Thrive Chopped Onions
1T Thrive Carrot Dices
1T Thrive Ham TVP
3c Water

Put everything in the crock pot. Plug it in. Turn it on to low. Put the lid on and walk away. Come back 8 hours later, give it a little stir and taste it. What does it need? A little salt, maybe, or a few grinds of fresh black pepper. I like to add a dash of garlic powder. Serves 4.


*This soup will take three minutes as long as you don't have to wash your crock pot, look through seven drawers to find your measuring spoons or wait for your next Q shipment because you are out of onions.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I'm all about quick and easy meals so I will be bookmarking this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE 3 min THRIVE meals! I actually have some split beans I was sent by mistake. I will give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...