Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Broccoli Cakes

According to my daughter, most vegetables are evil. Corn is acceptable, and she will usually eat peas, but anything beyond that requires excessive drama. These broccoli cakes seem to fly under the "evil vegetable" radar.


2c Thrive Broccoli
1 1/2c Water, divided
1/2c Thrive 6 Grain Pancake Mix
2T Thrive Whole Egg Powder
1c Shredded Cheese (I used 1/2 mozzarella and 1/2 mild cheddar)
Dash Salt

Preheat oven to 375 and grease a large cookie sheet. In a microwave safe bowl, combine broccoli and 1 cup water. Cover with plastic wrap, microwave on high for 2 minutes, then drain any excess water. Meanwhile, whisk together pancake mix, whole egg powder and salt. Add remaining 1/2 cup water and stir until well combined. Fold in drained broccoli and cheese. Using a 1/4c measuring cup, scoop out batter and drop onto cookie sheet, using your fingers to spread the batter out slightly to form a patty shape. Repeat with remaining batter, then bake for 25 minutes, turning cakes over halfway through baking. Serve plain or with a side of ranch dressing.





5 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!!! Could I use just oats instead of the pancake mix? (I haven't gotten mine yet) What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't have pancake mix, try just using Bisquick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was JUST thinking about making corn fritters tonight, but this is a twist I hadn't thought about. I LOVE broccoli but my son thinks it's evil. I am going to make this recipe and see what happens! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicious looking savouries to snack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to try these! Amazing how creative you are with your FD foods! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...