Monday, August 29, 2011

Simple Applesauce

In case you haven't noticed, I don't like to cook or bake with butter. I learned years ago that applesauce is an excellent substitute for butter in a wide variety of recipes - cakes, breads, rolls, even cookies. I try to keep a jar or two on hand, but every now and then I realize all too late that I am out. Usually this happens right in the middle of a recipe. This simple applesauce is my quick resolution to just such a predicament. It is also great to feed your little one :)


2c Thrive Apple Chips
1T Thrive White Sugar
1c Water
Dash Ground Cinnamon (optional)

Combine apple chips, sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, and cook for 3-5 minutes. Puree with a stick blender, blender or food processor. Add additional water as necessary to achieve the desired consistency. Add ground cinnamon, if desired. Refrigerate in an air tight container for up to one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...